The landlord / rental agent can charge a penalty fee for late payment of rent, provided the lease agreement makes provision for when the penalty may be charged, and the amount of the penalty. Gauteng Rental Housing Regulations prohibit the charging of penalties in Gauteng.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- FREE WORKSHOP FOR SECTIONAL TITLE TRUSTEES WITH ALAN LEVY IN MIDRAND
- FREE WORKSHOP FOR SECTIONAL TITLE TRUSTEES WITH MIKE ADDISON IN CAPE TOWN
- Free workshop for sectional title trustees with Judith van der Walt
- Resolving sectional title disputes
- Sectional title schemes require active management
- FREE WORKSHOP FOR SECTIONAL TITLE TRUSTEES WITH ALAN LEVY
- Free Workshop for sectional title trustees with Marina Constas
- Free workshop for sectional title trustees with Paddocks
- Free trustee workshop with Mike Addison in Cape Town
- Can common property be let in sectional title schemes?
TagsABSA Bonds Buy to let Commercial property Consumer Protection Act Deposit Refund Eviction FNB Homeloans home loans IHFM Interest Rate landlord landlord advice Landlords Lease Lease Agreement Lease Renewal leases Listed Property Properties Property Property advice property insurance Property Investment Property investor property investors Property market property news Property Prices Property Rentals Property Returns property shares property trends Rawson REIT Rent Rental Deposit Rental Housing Act Student Accommodation Tax tenant Tenants Tenant selection TPN